cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured mgcp fall back and it seems to work fine, with the exception that I cannot access voice mail.

Under call-manager-fallback. I have voicemail <my vm number>. When I push the message button, I get a reorder tone.

If I change the voicemail number to a known extension, and I press the message button, the extension rings.

How do I get voice mail to work on mgcp fall back? Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by ? Is your full e.164 number? The idea is to send the call to general VM DID, and by passig RDNIS Unity will recognize which subscriber this call is for and present the correct greeting. This is a global SRST parmaeter so it cannot be a unique extension. Dedicate a DID or a toll-free number at the central site that points to Unity.

This link should help?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801f3b57.html

Chris

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

OK. I got the message button working after creating a sip integration in Unity to the voice gateway, and creating a dial peer with Unity as the target for the VM extansion.

Now when I call an extension in call manager fallback mode, the call forward no answer does not direct the caller to their voicemail box. It rings 3 times and the line goes dead, but you can still here the destination phone ringing.

I guess my next question is how to get call forward no answer and call forward busy to work in mgcp fall back mode.

I left out one important bit of info: This is scenario of mgcp fall back is in a LAN environment