Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm microsoft Ad integration, IP phone asking username password

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We've CCM 3.5 recently integrated with Microsoft AD. When any change is made in AD, it is reflected on CCM as well. I believe integration is fine.

Now, whenever any IP phone user presses Directory / Services button, it is asking for username password. I am not sure what to punch in to get access. This is started after integration only.

Anyone has any clue what and where to look at?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks,

inner_silence

3 Replies 3

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Hmm... strange!

When you say Directory / Services button do you mean both buttons?

Have you ever modified any of the web pages on the CallManager server?

What are the URL's defined for Services and Directory buttons in your Enterprise Parameters...? Have these been changed from the defaults?

When CallManager was using the inbuilt DC Directory.. what was the UserID field? Now that it is integrated to AD, what is it? Is it the same?

If it is different, then your phone services for everybody will be out of sync, i.e. you would have to change the UserID in all of these.

Finally, you didnt upgrade CallManager at the same time? :)

Cheers,

Tim

HI,

Please find below replies:

When you say Directory / Services button do you mean both buttons?

[inner_silence] Yes. Both buttons.

Have you ever modified any of the web pages on the CallManager server?

[inner_silence] No. All URL's are pointing to CCM IP.

What are the URL's defined for Services and Directory buttons in your Enterprise Parameters...? Have these been changed from the defaults?

[inner_silence] NO. They are on default.

When CallManager was using the inbuilt DC Directory.. what was the UserID field? Now that it is integrated to AD, what is it? Is it the same?

[inner_silence] AD server user name/password is in use now. Previously CCM Admin username password was in use.

If it is different, then your phone services for everybody will be out of sync, i.e. you would have to change the UserID in all of these.

Finally, you didnt upgrade CallManager at the same time? :)

[inner_silence] NO.

Additional info: IP Phone asks for username/password and not username/PIN. Tried combinations of username/password/PIN but no success.

Thanks,

inner_silence

Hi,

So do you have 2 user accounts visible in CCM Admin for 1 person.

i.e. search for a user..

Do you see 1 account with the old CCM username

and a new one with the active directory username?

If the accounts are different, then you will need to update device > user associations

And also subscriptions to fastdials, personal directory etc...

I'm still confused as to why it is asking for username / pass. It sounds like IIS is requiring authentication for some reason.

Jump onto your callmanager.

Go to the IIS admin.

Right click CCMIP

Click properties

Go to directory security tab

Do you have anonymous authentication ticked?

Cheers,

Tim