Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCM Multifix Patch sr4a

Hi there,

I got a Cisco 7936 conference device. Also I got a pair of CCM 3.3.3 with OS version 2000.2.5, multifix patch sr2. From the release note that 7936 is only supported with multifix patch sr3 or above. The customer would like to apply the multifix patch 4a for Cisco 7936. May I ask that can I directly install multifix patch sr4a from existing ver sr2?

many thanks

David

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: CCM Multifix Patch sr4a

You may be confusing the OS service release level with the CallManager service release level. You should always update the OS to the latest service release level available because they include security-related patches. I believe the latest is 2000.2.5 sr7 at this time. This can be applied on top of any OS 2000.2.5 service release level (including no service release at all). You do not need to apply them in sequence, you need only apply sr7.

CallManager is upgraded the same way. As long as you are running CallManager 3.3(3), you can upgrade to any service release from any lower service release (or none at all) of the same version of CallManager. The latest, as you say, is service release 4a. You should be able to upgrade to that just fine so long as you're running CallManager 3.3(3). You do not need to apply them in sequence, just apply sr4a.

Again, be sure to upgrade the OS to the latest service release level as well as CallManager.

Views
Helpful
Replies