cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM - "Beep "reminder to reception for CALL ON HOLD

gavin.davis
Level 1
Level 1

This is a scenario for a busy receptionist.

When a call is placed on hold by the reception 7960 phone and the person on the other end of the line is busy, the only way to know the call is still on hold is to look at the LCD display .Is there a way for the phone to make a sound after "x" amount of seconds when someone has been on hold?

Also are there any plans to allow a "Paging type system" to be added as a feature to the Call Manager.?ie Set up the 7900 handsets into groups or area zones to which the reception may page a user in a "zone" via the 7900 speakers.

4 Replies 4

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

I don't see any reference to it on Cisco.com yet. Your sales rep might have info on upcoming features. You can also open a bug to add these enhancements to future versions.

rogerpeterson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm interested in the reminder tone as well. We use Attendant Console and this helps since the icons and colors are different, but I would still like a tone. Anyone have any ideas??????

Roger

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

This is a feature request as we ask to our SE at CISCO .

See here the response from AVVID .

Martin

-----------------

Subject: RE: Another one: Equivalent Centrex feature--->Reminder Tone!

No, the CM does not have the ability to generate a tone for calls on hold.  Parked calls revert to the originator after a certain period of time if they are not answered.  If this is holding up a deal, please submit a PERs request to get this into the product.

===================================================

..        ..

||        ||                       Dan Keller

||        ||            Tech Lead, AVVID Team

||||      ||||              Cisco Systems, Inc.

..:|||||||:..:|||||||:..             (408) 527-7884

Cisco Systems, Inc.        email dakeller@cisco.com

===================================================

jkoniecki
Level 1
Level 1

Gavin ,

Service Parameters> Cisco Call Manager >( Tone On hold time)by default is set to 10 I usualy set it to 1000000 so the user on hold only hears the tone once . Experiment with this timer to get the beeps you desire .

Jim K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: