Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Service not starting

Hi ,

I'd a CCM Cluster with the publisher and subscriber running CCM 3.1(2a) .

My subscriber crashed and I need to reinstall the same .

I started off with installing CCM 3.0 ( 1 ) but the CCM service doesn't start at all.

Also , can somebody let me know the exact sequence of activites to be done for rebuilding the cluster .

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Srivathsan A

Sr. Customer Service Engineer

Wipro Infotech

6 Replies 6

rbewlay
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you will need the 3.1.(2a) CD or image at the rebuild directly rather than startining off with 3.0(1) and then upgrading. This is because the SQL databases IDs will be out of sync. Take a look at SQL Server.Enterprise Manager. Look at the Databases under the SQL Server Group>CCM(Windows NT).

There may be other problems - I recon a TAC case is called for.

Thanks for your response . I was infact craving for one ..breaking my head at the customer site .

Unfortunately I don't have a 3.1(2a) image / CD .

Can anybody please let me know the exact sequence of activities to be carried out for rebuilding the cluster .

I guess I'm missing out something .

Do I need to remove the CCM2 ( backup ) from the call manager administration configuration from CCM1 ( primary ) as the first thing ?

Thanks

Srivathsan A

Hi,

I agree, i would assume that since your publisher is running 3.1(2a), then you would need to install 3.1(2a) directly onto the proposed subscriber.

Give these 2 links a look:

Installing 3.1(2c)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/install/cm312ins.htm

Upgrading to 3.1(2c)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/install/upgra312.htm

I believe you can rebuild it this way

though there is database changes between 3,0 -->3.05 from memory.

It would be a long exhaustive process So the direct image is the way to go.

Hi ,

Thanks all for responding .

Anwar , can you please elaborate ?

Also , is a CD / Base image for 3.1(2a) avlbl direct .??

I really don't have the need to do that . but just out of curiosity i'm asking these questions .

Is it possible to have 2 publishers in a CCM cluster

Also , Can the CCM be converted to subcriber to publisher and vice-versa ?

Thanks

Srivathsan A

Hi ,

I have done the installation of CCM in the following upgrade path :

ccm 3.0.2 ----> ccm 3.1.1 ----> ccm 3.12(a) .

Once i was done with this , i did the password sync in the subscriber so that the CCMAdmin , SQLSvc and sa accounts have the same passwd as in the publisher .

The CCM services started .

Afterwards just recreated the subscription on the subscriber and checked the DB updation also .

Thanks all for your help.

Regards,

Srivathsan A