Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM shutdowns the endpoints when you reset them

We have configured two voice gateways Cisco 3745 with IOS 12.2(13)T3. Every gateway has three E1 controlers (NM-HDV modules), using PRI signalling. We have configured the gateways with CCM 3.3.2, they communicate via MGCP, and every controller appears as an endpoint. Every time you make a change in the endpoint configuration (i.e. the IE parameters) and you reset this endpoint the controller is administratively shutdown and in the gateway configuration appears the command “shutdown” under that controller. You have to manually add the “no shut” command for the controller to be up again. If you reload the gateway instead of resetting the endpoint, the controller is also administratively shutdown.

Besides, when you reset the subscriber CCM, and you have done some previous change in the endpoint configuration it looses the framing. If the framing is CRC4 (the default) there is no problem. But the controllers with no-CRC4 framing looses it and you have to add manually the command “framing no-crc4”. In the endpoint configuration in CCM the framing is correctly configured, “Non CRC4”.

So there are two problems:

1.- The controllers are shutdown when you change their configuration.

2.- The CCM doesn’t send the correct framing to the controller when you change the configuration.

These problems appears when you reset the endpoint, reload the gateway or reset the primary CCM, just after a change in the endpoint configuration.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CCM shutdowns the endpoints when you reset them

Hi, I'm not 100% positive on this, but I believe that IOS 12.2(15)T and higher is required for CallManager 3.3 if you are using the automatic configuration feature. I would try this in the lab before upgrading production, or during non-business hours.

Hello,

Do you think it should work with IOS 12.2(15)ZJ3 and CCM 3.3(3), since I have all the same problems with the E1 controller and MGCP?

Hello,

Did you manage to overcome the problem?

I have all the same problems using voice gateway on Cisco 2651XM (12.2(15)ZJ3 IP PLUS) and CallManager 3.3(3).

If you have found a solution, could you, please, explain what was the source of the problem and the way to eliminate it?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content