Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CCM/SQL Password Change

I have 2 CCMs ver 3.3(2). i had to change the password of the SQLSVC on the Publisher MANUALLY. Now, our Subscriber went down and we are reinstalling it. The installation does not complete properly, with errors like "C:\installer\*.msi" not found and so on.

After some research I have found that the passwords for the SQL etc services should only be changed using the "PASSWORD CHANGE UTILITY", otherwise, addition of new servers or upgrades will fail.

I have searched but I can not find the password change utility.

I would really appreciate if someone can show me the Web link to this utility or a possible cure to this problem.

Community Member

Re: CCM/SQL Password Change

Found this message on a previous posting:

"For CallManager, there is a utility that will help you change the passwords on all the servers at the same time. It is c:\program files\cisco\bin\adminutil.exe. There is a document in the same directory with directions."

There's also another posting on this forum (last entry on 29th Oct) titled "Change CallManager SA Password" that may prove useful.

Community Member

Thanks Azam for your inpu,

but I did not see any such utility in the c:\program files\cisco\bin directory. I could not find it on the disk....

Cisco Employee

Adminutility.exe was not shipped with CM 3.3.2. The support patches of CM 3.3.2 has it. I would recommend to apply the latest support patch.

CreatePlease to create content