cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM SQL Subscriber replication error

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

This is a shot in the dark, but I figured I would ask here.

I have a subscriber which is having replication errors, and Im not sure of the proper procedure to fix, the error is this in the MS SQL distribution Agent error details screen:

' Could not drop object CallManager because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint'

This is getting way deep in the SQL tables and indexes.

3 Replies 3

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I would check first if the sql subscription is really broken and fix it then..

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/recreate_subscribe_database.html

Well just to update, there is not an easy way to fix this table replication problem, and TAC does not support any manual table configuring, I was able to fix the replication error by removing the references, but in the end, I had to completly remove the subscriber from the ccmadmin page, and rebuild the subscriber. This could be a long process if your publisher has been upgraded may times due to the ccm install process for a subscriber has to be build from CDs. After you build the subscriber form the CDs, you then have to proceed the upgrade path to get to the same level of the publisher. If you dont have CDs which are on the same main level of the publisher, this becomes challenging (ie: pub on 3.2, CDs are 3.0)

3.3 greatly simplifies the rebuild (at the moment). Once you've got over the initial 3.3 upgrade, a rebuild is much quicker due to a single W2k build, a single 3.3 build and a few Service Packs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: