Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM Time-of-day Calling Search Space (CSS)

Do anyone know if it's possible to configure a CSS based on time-of-day and day-of-week? i.e. national calls during 9 to 5 but only emergency calls out of this period. If not then any other suggestions on how this could be acheived.

2 REPLIES

Re: CCM Time-of-day Calling Search Space (CSS)

CallManager does not have any capacity to account for time of day, at least not in 3.X. Unity does, but I don't see how to control outbound calling from Unity.

One thought that just occurred to me is that the best place to add that control would be on the H.323 Gatekeeper. The Gatekeeper has the ability to redirect or block an outbound call based on bandwidth. It seems easy enough to me to include a time of day component in that logic. And seeing that there are third-party, and even open source, H.323 gatekeepers, it should be available somewhere, I should hope. If anyone knows of something that would work, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

Re: CCM Time-of-day Calling Search Space (CSS)

I know of a product that alters the members of calling search spaces using time-of-day triggers. We have set this up for a customer here in New Zealand. it is a separate server that uses the Call Manager AXL interface to alter the contents of nominated calling search spaces, then resets the affected phones. email me if you would like info on the product.

callum@nzice.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content