Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CCM upgrade upgradng from 4.0(2) to 4.1(3)

Hi all.

I'd like to upgrade my CCM from 4.0(2) to 4.1(3). Do you know if I need from Cisco just an 'Upgrade Disk' or I've to get the CCM 4.1(3) Disk? I'm asking it because I don't know how an upgrade works. Do I have to put on the new version disk and the system auto-sense that there's an old CCM version and so it upgrades it? Thanks for any help.

Re: CCM upgrade upgradng from 4.0(2) to 4.1(3)

Since you are on 4.0(2) already you can just download the 4.1(3) maintaince update .exe from the 4.1 downloads page. I did this on my lab cluster the other day and the update from 4.0(2) to 4.1(3) went fine. Takes about 45 minutes to a hour or so per server depending on speed of machine, etc. Your time may be less.

You also need to be on Cisco OS 2000.2-7sr2 at minimum to go to 4.1(3) so you may have some OS updates to do also.

Once on 4.1(3) on all servers, apply the current 4.1(3) SR as well. SR3a is current as of a few days ago.

Before you do update, get a good BARS backup of system, and run upgrade assistant just to check things over amd read the readme/release notes for details on the update process.

CreatePlease to create content