Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CCM using "*" for an outside line; delayed secondary DT

Because the customer site is already using extension numbers beginning with 9 (and every other number), I want to use the "*" key to access an outside line in order to avoid a delayed secondary dialtone. However, my secondary dialtone still doesn't get played until I hit my second character. I only have two route patterns that begin with "*" and both have "provide outside dial tone" checked. I also have verified this through the route plan report. Is there something special about "*" and how CCM does dial pattern matching? THANKS!!!!

Mike.

4 REPLIES
Green

Re: CCM using "*" for an outside line; delayed secondary DT

Hi Mike,

Could you please attach your Route Plan report.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800949f0.shtml#intro

Remember that wildcards in RPs can interfer with secondary dial tone. (ie XXXX RPs.)

Could be a number of patterns/DN's that might mess up secondary dial tone.

You might want to investigate what these patterns are associated with.

If they are DN's for a CTI port or CTI RP, then these are enterprise numbers

and are configured as on-net devices. Once they are eliminated, you will get secondary dialtone

Other way to troubleshoot is looking at CCM Digit Analisys dump in CCM detailed trace.

Let me know

HTH

//G

Silver

One other thing we just ran into on an install was delayed dial tone on 7941/61s and 7970s on phone load 7.03, cleared up with 8.03 - but it did not happen ALL the time, just most of the time..

Mary Beth

Community Member

I had the exact same problem with 7.03. It was only happening intermittently but it was still annoying. An upgrade to 8.03 solved the problem.

Community Member

Wow! Pretty ugly. Well, it ended up that the customer currently wasn't supplying secondary dial tone for outside access on their current PBX network, so I took the easy way out and modified CallManager to mimic their current environment. Thanks for the replies.

Mike.

Views
Helpful
Replies