cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM ver 3.2(2c)spH 7960 Phone load P00306000300

4mrasmussen
Level 1
Level 1

After updating the firmware on our phones from P00303020700 to P00306000300 we now get a File not found:DISTINCTIVERING error every time the phone resets. It goes away after a couple of secconds and doesn't seem to impact the phone but it is annoying. Any ideas what the cause might be.

5 Replies 5

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason for the error is that C:\program

files\cisco\tftp\DISTINCTIVERING.XML file does not exist. You can either ignore it or get the file off CCM 4.0 (I don't know if it exists in CCM 3.3.x)

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

On your CCM TftpPath folder, do you have a DistinctiveRingList.xml file? That is the filename on a 3.3 and 4.0 server in our lab.

If you have above file, copy it to a file called DISTINCTIVERING.xml in the same directory and stop / start the Cisco TFTP service.

Maybe the new firmware version is looking for a different filename. I haven't tried 6.03 yet.

I already installed 6.03 in my CCM 3.2(3)sr3, but still have same issue.

If you can send us a "DistinctiveRingList.xml" file, so I can copy to TftpPath Floder. Will that solve the problem, it is because we use CCM3.2 not 3.3 or 4.0??

Thanks

Attached is the file. I just put 6.03 on a 7960 phone here and it is looking for DistinctiveRingList.xml file still, and not DistinctiveRing.xml.

Can you turn on Detailed TFTP traces and rebooot a phone and then turn off TFTP traces and go through the latest TFTP trace file to see what filename is being requested from phone?

I turned on the TFTP trace and the filename that is trying to be found is distinctiveringlist.xml.

Can someone repost this file so I can download it and test?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: