cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CCM & VG REdundancy

Hello,

Here's my scenario:

I have two CCM servers (CCM1 & CCM2) running CCM version 4.2(1) and also have two voice gateway routers (VG1 & VG2). VG1 & VG2 are connected to PSTN.

How can I configure these devices in such a way that it would provide redundancy for each one of them...

Kindly give your inputs..

Regards

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: CCM & VG REdundancy

For outbound calling you accomplish this by adding multiple GW into Route Group, or multiple route groups into route list.

On the inbound side you have to work with your telco provider to do this, most of them have this feature available.

HTH,

Chris

Community Member

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your immmd response, I have one more question here... can I have the CCM's and GW's configured to provide load share + redundancy ?. How can I acheive this..?

Regards

For CCM load share create 2 CCM groups with opposing CCM order, assign this group to Device Pools and assign the appropriate DPs to devices. This will achive load balancing as well as redundancy.

For GW you can achive redundancy by placing them in the same route group, or route groups in the same route lists. For outbound load balancing you will need to use the first method and select the appropraite selection algorithm.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Also read the CCM SRND for more details:

www.cisco.com/go/srnd

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content