Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CCM with Active directory integration questions

Hi,

I have configured CCM 4.1.2 with extension mobility. I have configured everything in CCM.

Now i want to integrate CCM 4.1.2 with AD.

I have created users in CCM for extension mobility that user id is the same as user accounts in Active directory. Now that i want integrate this could be bring any kind of problem?

My second question is that if every user and extension mobility profile that i have configured in CCM will be transfered to AD or do i have to config everything again?

Regards.

MC

3 REPLIES

Re: CCM with Active directory integration questions

We currently have CCM integrated with AD and use the same login user ID for the extension mobility device profile as the AD user account. I haven't seen any problems.Your device profiles will stay intact because they are stored in SQL as opposed to the DC directory or AD. You will have to reassociate the device profiles with the new AD users.

Brandon

Hi,

Thanks Brandon.Just one more question so before i do integration it's better to update AD user accounts with iformation o user extension in ip phone field and department right?

If something goes wrong after integration if i uninstall Plugin everything works as before?

Regards,

MC

I would definitely update the AD accounts first. That way, when the integration is done, everything is ready to go. The user extension will need to be entered in the Phone field on the General tab, not the IP Phone field on the Telephones tab. Please see the link below regarding reverting back to the DC directory. This process needs to be done by rerunning the plugin and choosing the option to uninstall. You cannot uninstall the plugin from Add/Remove Programs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800ab82d.shtml

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content