Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM with AS5400/5300

aliao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When working on CCM with AS5300 for previous client, I notice that there isn't "build-in" support for AS5300 other than using H323 compatible gateway.

Is this going to change in CCM 3.1? how about AS5400?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The "built-in" support you are talking about where it leasts each gateway type by its real model number is used for MGCP signaling. So the AS5300 and AS5400 will probably be able to speak MGCP with CallManager at some point in the future, as far as backhauling ISDN signaling, etc. but when CallManager 3.1 ships I don't think this will be the case. Also the CCMAdmin will have to be updated so that it knows the slot and numbering layout in those chassis types.

In the meantime, use it as an H.323 gateway. That is the gateway to select if you want to use ANY H.323 gateway, regardless if it's a 1750/2600/3600/5300/7200/whatever if you just want to use H.323 signaling.

Hi,

I noticed that a lot of gateway using SKINNY is supported and its configurations can usually be set in the CCM.

With H323 gateways, you will have to manully configure each device to route all calls to CCM. Can this be used in conjunction with CVM so configuration of each devices is much simplier?

Thanks.

I haven't really used CVM so I can't say what it can or can't do in this regard. But there are certainly CiscoWorks tools that allow the administrator to manage and push configuration files.