Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM030X Databases

I have a customer who is splitting up a cluster, meaning they have 6 sites now and need to split the cluster into three seoarate clusters.

I am trying to figure out the best way to migrate the data across and am wondering if anyone has a recommendaation. I don't have a problem working at the SQL level except for the fact of all of the replication that needs to be undone, then redone again but that is not such a big deal, however when I ported from on server that has a 3.1.2c database named CCM0302 to another server built initially to 3.1.2c with a database of CCM0300, all of my services hang.

Desperately need to get this going today and any ideas would be useful.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CCM030X Databases

I would recommend building each of the new servers and then using bat to import the data. I don't think you are going to have good results just migrating the ccm030x database.

Thank you,

-Mckee

I could use BAT for phones but there are many, many gateways and parameter configs and all of that other good stuff out there that has all been tweaked.

I was able to export from one CCM to the other into a new database but after setting up the replication and publishing, CCM thinks it's a subscriber. Very strange as I have done this before migrating to a new server platform. The only difference there was that the server name, etc. were all identical.

Manual entry and BAT are what I did, I am just wondering if anyone has an idea how to do this more easily. I think BAT needs a new tool called "Generate BAT files" which will dum your existing config out to BAT files.

Wouldn't that be nice?

It's been said on here before and I've not used this but here goes.

You can promote a subscriber to a publisher by running the upgrade to the current CM version (3.1.3SPD - 3.1.3SPD for example) and at the screen which says I am upgrading the subscriber, change it to publisher.) This should then allow you to break the cluster into 2 halves. I would reccommend taking the subscribers off the current network before trying this.

You then have all the info in a Publisher for you to use in the second cluster and all you need to do is delete the non-required subscribers from the clusters.

Like I say I've never tried this but it seems the easiest way to do it, and you can always remove a drive from the machine you try it on to roll back if it all goes breast plate skyward.

Paul

Cisco Employee

If this would work it would not be supported by Cisco TAC or the Business Unit that produces callmanager so I would recommend against this procedure.

There is not cisco supported way to promote a sub to a pub. Which is what you are wanting to do.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content