cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM5 Testing Gateways

satcom2k
Level 1
Level 1

Ok it is late and I might have missed something simple but here it goes. I currently have a CCM 4.1 deployment and I need to test CCM 5.0 before deployment including outbound/inbound calls via PSTN. Currently all of the voice-gateways (by the way these are production) are registered to the CCM 4.1 servers is there anyway to use the voice-gateways that are currently registered to the CCM 4.1 cluster to be used by the CCM 5.0 cluster without re-configuring the gateways in CCM 5.0? This testing environment would essentially be duplicating the current production environment in CCM 5.0 including dial plans, CTI route points, and other; the configuration would use a different name space for calling search space and partitions; but as of yet I cannot thing of or find a way to do this. Any help on this would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

What type of gateways do you have? Does your new 5.0 cluster have the same IP Address? If it does have the same IP Address, you could simply disconnect your 4.1 cluster from your production network and then connect your 5.0 cluster. The gateways will then register to the cm 5 cluster without any re-configuration and you will be all set. It should also be noted that when this is done, all the phones will get a new phone load. This isn't a big deal cuz once you re-connect 4.1 after your testing, the phones will go back to their original load. I would suggest upgrading your 4.1 phones to the same load (yes, the loads work for both 4.x and 5.x) so it minimizes your downtime at the cutover because the phones will not have to get a new load.

If you have given it a different IP Address and its on your production network, you would need to re-configure your gateways:

MGCP

mgcp call-agent 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

ccm-manager redundant-host

ccm-manager config server

ccm-manager config

H323

dial-peer voice x voip

session-target ipv4:

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

Thank you for the information; I basically came to same conclusion but I attempting to look for a way to do this without having to take the existing production servers offline or interrupt service. The gateways are a mixture of 2800's and 3800's.