Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMAdmin doesn't work, get 401 error

CCM 3.3(3). The CCMAdmin pages stopped working. The IIS logs show a 401 error.

When you go to CCMAdmin it displays dialog for username/password and you enter info and hit OK then it just sits there and is processing something then eventually times out.

The CCMUser, CCMServicability web pages work fine however.

I compared the CCMAdmin properties in Internet services manager to that of the other server and everything looks the same. We have rebooted server also with no change.

5 REPLIES
Green

Re: CCMAdmin doesn't work, get 401 error

Hi,

Any logon failure in EV for IWAM_Guest?

You may start running adminutility.exe to sync passwords.

No login failures in Event Viewer logs. Successful logins at times CCMAdmin page is attempted. It brings up the windows dialog for username/password then you hit OK and then the window goes away and it just sits and spins until it eventually times out.

The CCMServicability web pages work fine however, and also ask for username/password when first brought up and go through fine.

Green

Hi Erick,

Could you upload IIS logs.

No MLA right?

Are you doing this from the Pub or Sub?

Could you please compare settings for COM+ Applications in a working server?

Also double check Directory Security settings for CCM Admin in IIS.

Did you applied any OS patch?

401 errors typically indicate an Access Denied type situation, which is typically due to an incorrect username/password being

entered.

Adminutility has been already run?

Good reference:

http://www.iisfaq.com/default.aspx?View=A128

Any AV like Mcfee which has Script Stoppers?

Let us know.

No MLA.

I'll try to get the IIS Logs soon.

Subscriber has this issue, so not really a biggie but would like to get it fixed. Used to work before. Not sure exactly sure when it stopped. It was recent though as we monitor http on it and that is how I found out it was a problem.

No OS Updates were done.

Adminutility has not been ran yet. Need to schedule time to reboot/restart services so I can run that before doing rebooting.

No virusscan, has CSA. I stopped CSA with no difference.

Thanks.

Here is IIS logs. Running AdminUtility didn't change anything.

2006-10-01 04:37:39 10.10.10.2 - 10.10.10.2 80 GET /CCMAdmin/Main.asp - 401 5 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0) -

2006-10-01 04:42:12 10.10.10.2 - 10.10.10.2 80 GET /CCMAdmin/Main.asp - 401 5 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0) -

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content