Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCME 3.3 + Overlay DN's

Hi,

I need to configure one number to ring on 4 phones simultaneously, in the examples I see how to share 2 numbers with one button but have got a bit lost on this for some reason. Any help greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: CCME 3.3 + Overlay DN's

Program the same DN number on multiple e-phones:

ephone dn 1

number 1000

ephone 1

button 1:1

ephone 2

ephone 3

Please rate all posts! thanks.

I think I could have described that better, I need lines available to all ephones rather than using just one dn hence the overlay

Hi,

The key point is what number of lines do you want to have.

The previous config offers a single line over a "n" phone, however only 1 active call (and 1 holding call) can be used by only 1 phone: the first to get the line and all the others blocked.

If you prefer, for example, 4 phone with the same number but with 4 lines capacity (let say a hotline) you have to define, 4 ephone-dn's and overlay them over a 4 phones.

So, any of the phone can place call and an incoming call will ring all of them. In this case, when a user attend the call, all other can place a call. (Other ephone's are free)

Another consideration is the use of dual-line or not in the ephone-dn. This decision must be taken according the task of the phone users.

The example configuration:

ephone dn 1

number 1000

ephone dn 2

number 1000

ephone dn 3

number 1000

ephone dn 4

number 1000

ephone 1

button 1o1,2,3,4

ephone 2

button 1o1,2,3,4

ephone 3

button 1o1,2,3,4

ephone 4

button 1o1,2,3,4

A similar configuration very useful is used for human operators. In this case, we need several lines, in the same phone, with same number, but in different buttons.

ephone dn 1 dual-line

number 1000

ephone dn 2 dual-line

number 1000

ephone dn 3 dual-line

number 1000

ephone dn 4 dual-line

number 1000

ephone 1

! Suposse a multibutton phone

button 2:2