Views
Helpful
Replies

ccme 4.0 7941 / 61

m.stolzenberg
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Can anybody tell me if ccme 4.0 supports the 7941 and 61 with german "surface"?

And how :)

Best Regards,

Marcus

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Marcus,

telephony-service)#user-locale DE

Here is the output from a "user-locale ?" from a router running CCME 4.0

DE Germany

DK Denmark

ES Spain

FR France

IT Italy

JP Japan

NL Netherlands

NO Norway

PT Portugal

RU Russian Federation

SE Sweden

US United States

Once you set the locale you will need to do a "reset all" from the telephony-service mode to see the change take place.

HTh

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Sankar,

Thanks for your answer. The uselocale is set to DE on the router and I have done the reset. The phones rebooted. But all phones are US :( I attached a 7960 this phone booted twice and than came up with a german carset.

But no way for the 41 and 61.

Best Regards,

Marcus

Marcus,

this has been discussed in the following thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddadf07

Basically, "officially" localization isn't supported for 7941/7961 phones on CME. It will be available by the end of the year.

But there is a work-around: you have to extract the mk-sccp.jar file from the "big" callmanager's localization package, upload it to your CME's flash and add an appropriate tftp-server alias. It should all be explained in that thread.

If you can't find the file or if you're having trouble making it work, please let me know. And if this was useful, please remember to rate the post :-)

Oh, there's one quirk: the soft buttons while the phone is idle (NewCall, CFwdAll, etc) can't be localized in any way. They are hard-coded in CME (for now).

-Manuel

Hello Manuel,

I speak with David, and I have lots of 7941/61 in my clients, that need the spanish interface... could you attach me this mk-sccp.jar?

Thanks!

Miguel