Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCME 4.0 and DN line Labels

Is it possible for an ephone button to monitor another users line but have a different line label that what is on the ephone-dn. Example user at extension 4913 has an ephone-dn with label of 4913. Receptionist want to monitor that ephone-dn but wants the button on her 7914 side car to say John Smith instead of 4913. If you change the label on the ephone-dn it also changes it on the end users phone as well.

Any suggestions.

2 REPLIES

Re: CCME 4.0 and DN line Labels

This should work for you. Of course it's probably quite a few changes from your classic shared line.

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 4913

name John Smith

no huntstop

preference 1

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 4913

label John Smith

name John Smith

preference 2

ephone 1

button 1o1,2

! John Smiths phone

ephone 2

button 7o2,1

! Receptionist phone representing only the button in

! question. Used 7 as an example.

By making it an overlay with two shared lines, the ephone-dn 2 is added to button 7 first so the label command takes precendance over the default label. Vice versa ephone-dn 1 is the first dn on the overlay on ephone 1 so the default label should appear.

This is all in theory and I haven't tested so you might want to try with some test phones. Additionally I was making some assumptions with the dual line and the shared lines. I just noticed though you said monitor, so I don't think you can monitor with overlay lines. Still gonna post anyway as you might not have meant Monitor literally.

Thanks

Fred

Re: CCME 4.0 and DN line Labels

ephone-dn 2 also add the no huntstop. I missed it in my 1st config.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content