Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCME 4.0: Problems transfering a 3 way conversation

My customer has problems to transfer to another internal phone a 3 way conference call already established. They keep loosing a person in the 3 way conference. Is it normal? Any debug command to use to follow what is happening?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: CCME 4.0: Problems transfering a 3 way conversation

If I understand this correctly:

A-B-C are in conference.

B wants to leave and rejoin from phone D.

I suppose B does a blind transfer to D, walks and pick-up from there.

Another way to do that is B to ask to be called at number D, hang-up B, walks to D and answers to be put in conf again.

Or, B puts conf on hold on a call-park slot and pick it up from D by number.

The latters seems more complicated, the other more invasive on the handling of a conference.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Marc-Andre,

I think that what you are running into is really a limitation in CME of the Maximum participants in an Ad-hoc conference (Max 3) so when you try to add a 4th via Transfer 1 of the first 3 participants is dropped :(

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801f125b.html#wp2174914

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Thanks Rob for the Reply.

The link you provided is to define the maximum number of 3 way conversations (conference). But the maximum is still 3 persons (that is 2 calls) that one ephone-dn in dual line can be in a conference.

I did more tests and once the conference is established, both lines (channels) of the ephone-DN are connected on the phone of the person who initiated the 3-way conversation. There is no possibility for that person to Transfer, Conference or even Park the call because both channels are occupied. This is visible with the command sh ephone-dn summary.

The only thing we were able to do is a chain of 3-way conference where the 3rd person called (or the first), if the ephone-dn is dual-line, can conference in another party using the other channel of the Ephone-dn.

Hope Cisco is able to provide a better solution incorporated in CCME than the Meet Me conferencing in the further releases.

Thanks for you help

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content