Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CCME and a Night Bell

I have a CCME (3.2) implementation that has a Night Bell requirement to ring through an overhead paging system. It is currently working, via POTS dial peer to an FXS port connecting to a Viking K-600D unit, but we discovered that the call cannot be picked up. Apparently because of the call being connected as far as CCME is concerned.

There is no way to add a Pickup Group to either the dial peer or the FXS port that I can see.

Using the CCME Night Service is OK but the customer would still have to have the overhead ringing because it's an industrial environment and the folks may not be close enough to any of the phones to actually hear it.

I haven't been able to logically figure out how to make this work. I suspect that the Night Service ring would take precedence and never connect through the FXS port.

I've done this before in CallManager using a VG248 port and putting the DN in a paging group, then using the group pickup. So far I can't see how to do the same sort of thing with CCME.

Any one tried this before? Suggestions are welcome.

Mike Pitts

Community Member

Re: CCME and a Night Bell

I've done this in the past for a customer in a manufacturing facility. ATA188 along with Bogen PCM-2000 and/or TAMB. Used an ATA for the call pickup. FXS ports cannot be used with call pickup.

Also, set it up so that unannounced option from auto attendant would ring overhead and be used for family to contact plant after hours.

Community Member

Re: CCME and a Night Bell

Thanks Stephen,

I suspected that would be one angle since the CCM/VG248 solution worked pretty easily. Will have to dig up an ATA and give it a shot.

CreatePlease to create content