Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCME and Licensing

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone might help me understand Cisco's licensing model for CCME.. I am looking at purchasing a 2811-CCME/K9, which reading the part description comes with an FL-CCME-36 which is a 36 user Feature License.

Why would I need to purchase an additional CCME License for every phone that I want to add. So basically.. purchase CCME on router, purchase phone, purchase license to use phone..

Could someone clarify this. I guess I'm trying to understand the logic behind it.

Thanks.

-- Dominique

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CCME and Licensing

Dominique,

Thats how Cisco licensing works. You pay for Feature license (FL) when you get the CME bundle (included in the pricing of the 2811-CCME/K9). Then you have to pay an individual phone license. Phone licenses are of two types. One for use with Callmanager, and one for use with Callmanager Express. There is a third license for use with SIP or MGCP (third party)

Since you are buying a CME bundle, you need to get a SW-CCME-UL-79XX which range from 150$ for 7940/7960 and the single line phone licenses costs you 80$.

Remember that there is no license enforcement in Callmanager or CME, but legally you are supposed to get both FL and phone licenses.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

3 REPLIES

Dominique,

Thats how Cisco licensing works. You pay for Feature license (FL) when you get the CME bundle (included in the pricing of the 2811-CCME/K9). Then you have to pay an individual phone license. Phone licenses are of two types. One for use with Callmanager, and one for use with Callmanager Express. There is a third license for use with SIP or MGCP (third party)

Since you are buying a CME bundle, you need to get a SW-CCME-UL-79XX which range from 150$ for 7940/7960 and the single line phone licenses costs you 80$.

Remember that there is no license enforcement in Callmanager or CME, but legally you are supposed to get both FL and phone licenses.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Thanks Sankar,

Am I safe to presume that I would also need to purchase an upgrade license from CME -> Call Manager if/when the time comes?

Thanks

Silver

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/prod_brochure09186a00801c6368.html

We have this:

ONE-HUNDRED-PERCENT INVESTMENT PROTECTION

As a small or medium-sized office grows or seeks additional features, it may be advantageous to migrate from a distributed Cisco CallManager Express environment to a centralized call-processing model with Cisco CallManager.

Your existing investment is 100-percent protected. Your Cisco IP phones, Cisco routers, Cisco Catalyst® switches, analog phones, and fax machines are all carried forward. And with just a simple configuration change, your Cisco Integrated Services Router becomes a redundant call-processing system at the branch through the Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) feature at no additional cost.

Customers can also carry their investment in Cisco Unity Express forward as they grow, leveraging it as part of a centralized Cisco Unity deployment and in conjunction with Cisco SRST for survivability in the branch office.

Views
Helpful
Replies