Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

CCME and Messages Button

We've recently decided to get our feet wet with VoIP and are installing Cisco IP Phones at a new distribution facility we're building. The facility will have a mixtures of 7912s, 7920s, and 7940s connected to CCME running on a 2811. We're trying to make it so when the user hits the "messages" button on his/her phone it dials our legacy VM system. Trouble is we don't know how to program it to dial a pause when it needs to go out.

Essentially we need to dial something like 9,1000 to get to our VM system. 9 will get us back to our PBX at HQ and 1000 is the VM extension. It appears as though I can't program a ',' in to pause though. Anyone know how to do this? Maybe I could "alias" an extension to be the VM extension (the IP phone dials 1999 and this in turn dials 9,1000)? Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: CCME and Messages Button

Hi

I've not tried this, but perhaps you could try setting the voicemail commmand under telephony-service to 1999, then creating a dial-peer with destination-pattern 1999, and translating this to 9,1000

Something like:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^1999/ /9,1000/

voice translation-profile Voicemail

translate called 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 1999

translation-profile outgoing Voicemail

port

forward-digits all (or something)

telephony-service

voicemail 1999

Have fun

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Bronze

Aaron... that worked perfectly. Thanks for the help! I knew it was something with doing a voice translation rule but wanted to verify. Thanks again!

Super Bronze

Glad to hear it helped...

Aaron

p.s, Don't forget to rate helpful posts... :-)

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content