Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCME and Tellrex-Callrex voice recording only one-way voice

Anyone out there running Callrex voice recording with CCME?? I have the Callrex server up and running and configured on a Cisco 3560 poe switch. Switch config is as follows:

monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/1 (Cisco CME router port)

monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/2 (Callrex server sniffer port)

Call recording is working but I am only getting one-half of the conversation. The half of the conversation that gets recorded is the voice of the internal caller on the Cisco phone. The remote callers voice is not being recorded. I have called Callrex tech support but with no success at present. Anyone have an example of a switch config that works to get both parties on the recorded call??

Thanks in advance,

tcekada@syseng.com

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CCME and Tellrex-Callrex voice recording only one-way voice

Silver

Sounds like the sniffer port is getting the traffic received on Fa0/1 only.

By default the monitor session includes both RX and TX traffic, so it should have worked. You may try adding the keyword "both"

monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/1 both.

Regards,

Anup

I have had this problem before, but I was using Callmanager. I was also getting one way audio recording. It turned out to be an old dll file for Callrex that was the culprit. Once that was replaced, call recording both ways worked fine. I don't remember which dll file for Callrex that was replaced. You might have to call Callrex support.

You can prove that the port spanning is fine by using Ethereal to sniff the port and rebuild the RTP stream to an audio file. If you hear audio for both sides, then the problem lies in Callrex.:

Ethereal Packet capture/RTP rebuild:

1.do packet capture

2.highlight one rtp stream packet

3.click on statistics, then RTP, then Stream Analysis

4.then click, Save payload

5.save as .au file format.

6.then you can listen to the call using windows media player

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will notify Callrex and see what they have to say. Also, thanks for showing me the RTP rebuild trick with Ethereal. That is going to come in handy!!

Tony

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content