Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCME/CUE incoming call recognition

we have a CCME/CUE on Cisco 2821, and we have 4 telco physical phone lines with 10 numbers

the numbers like 919-222-2222, 919-222-2223, etc

can we do this way?

if somebody called 919-222-2222, then the first greeting will play

if somebody called 919-222-2223, then the second greeting will play

if somebody called 919-222-2224, then the CCME will transfer the call to a cell phone in day time, the call display on the cell phone will dispaly 919-222-2224, not the real caller number, in addition, in night time, somebody called 919-222-2224, then the CCME will transfer the call to voice mail or greeting

otherwise, when a outside caller called the IPT main number, then the IPT transfer the call to cell phone, which number can be displayed on the cell phone? the real caller number or the IPT number? can I setup it?

thanks for any input

5 REPLIES

Re: CCME/CUE incoming call recognition

The first 2 requests are simple. Create 2 different dial peers "PLAR"ing different DN's to 2 seperate greetings or auto attendants in Unity Express.

The 222-2224 is trickier.

Are you using something like PRI or FXO for PSTN connectivity??

With FXO you have control over outbound caller ID.

PRI you have some more flexibility on outbound caller ID maniputation. However because CCME uses H323 I do not believe it supports Caller ID redirect or redirect IE so presenting the original callers number to the transfered call on the cell phone is not possible. You can do this with standard Call Manager with MGCP controlled gateway with some configuration as long as the Telco support redirect IE.

I believe the only option you have is to present a single translated number outbound whether that is the 222-2224 or some other identifying number so you would know it is a transferred call.

I could be wrong and would love to know if this is possible to accomplish with CCME.

thanks for your input

we are using ISDN BRI from telco and VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

on 2821

I want to do the following

in day time,

when somebody(phone number is 919-111-1111) called 222-2224, the CCME will transfer the call to cell phone (919-333-3333), on cell phone, it should display the call from 919-222-2224, but not 919-333-3333

in night time

when somebody(phone number is 919-111-1111) called 222-2224, the CCME/CUE will play greeting

OR

in day time

when somebody called 222-2224, the greeting will play, the caller can enter extension or press "0" to reach the cell phone(919-333-3333), and on the cell phone, it should display the call from 222-2224, but not 919-333-3333

in night time

go to greeting and no "press 0" option

Well I dont believe CCME does time of day call routing so if indeed it does not you might have to send all calls initially to Unity Express so either your option and option 2 is do-able or during daytime you can just say something like "please wait while I transfer your call" instead of the press 0 or just live with a little bit of a delay during transfer.

You would do this with custom Unity Scripting using

"CUE Script Editor" (that looks alot like the IP-IVR Editor GUI). Within this are lots of options for Day-of-Week and Time-of-Day. There is even a handly little sample script for download on CCO for an AA with ToD.

Then again with some digit manipulation(translation rule) on the outbound dial peer you can make it appear as 222-2224

Wait - clarification, forgot it was BRI, since BRI acts more like a POTS Analog line I do not believe you have control over caller ID outbound, you just have to specify when you transfer out that it goes out a particular bri channel. That is about the only thing I can think of. However if two calls go out at the same time you might run into issues of the call going out a different phone number than the first.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content