Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCME Ring Types

Is it possible with Cisco CallManager Express to add additional Ring Types for the phones. I am in the process of installing CME for a branch office. Their corporate office uses CallManager and they have been exposed to all of the different ring types which are available when using CallManager. I have found no information on adding additional ring types in addition to the default (Chirp 1, Chirp 2) with CCME and was just curious if it could be done. Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: CCME Ring Types

Have just done this very thing.

You need to generate your own ringlist.xml. Needs to be exaclty the same format as the CCM one.

Copy this onto the flash of the router running CME.

Next copy the ring tones you require onto the router flash as well.

on the router config enter the following commands

tftp-server flash:RingList.xml

tftp-server flash:Ringtone.raw

The ringtone.raw is the name of each of the ringtones being used.

Reload the phone which will download the new ringlist and have access to the ring tones.

Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Silver

I do not think that the various ring types like CCM can be added to CCME. However, there are four types of alerting available when an incoming call apears on an IP Phone, ie, normal ring (single pulse for internal and double pulse for external calls), beep, feature ring (triple pulse cadence), and silent ring.

Views
Helpful
Replies