cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME3.2 CUE2.1 External Transfer to Voicemail

agtmcgarry
Level 1
Level 1

When reception receives an external call and forwards this call to an internal number;

1. After the ring timeout the external caller receives a message that there is no mailbox associated with the internal number.

2. This also happens if the internal number is set to call forward to voice mail

3. When internal numbers are called by their DID from outside voice mail works fine.

4. Internal calls to voicemail work fine

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It may help to post the config to see if there's a better way to do this, although I bet if you go into CUE and configure the 'external' number for the receptionist user as an E.164 number (can be configured under the User in the GUI, or via the CLI in configuration mode--"user phonenumbere164 1234.."). Then it'll recognize either number as being associated with the receptionists mailbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It may help to post the config to see if there's a better way to do this, although I bet if you go into CUE and configure the 'external' number for the receptionist user as an E.164 number (can be configured under the User in the GUI, or via the CLI in configuration mode--"user phonenumbere164 1234.."). Then it'll recognize either number as being associated with the receptionists mailbox.

Hi

Thanks for the post.

I went into every user account and entered their full E.164 number and it worked perfect.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

i have the same problem and your suggestion fix it. thanks!

could you explain or send me some links about the theory of why it needs to be like this or what's CUE is doing in the background?

The only thing that's different is that for the external call, CUE is being presented with a different number (in the redirected number field) than the internal call. So if you're calling extension 1000 from the "inside", CUE is presented with the last redirected number field of 1000, which it can route the correct user based on that extension. When the call comes in from the 'outside', the switch (CME or whatever) is setting the redirected number field as something else, and therefore you either have to reconfigure CME to work properly, or you have to tell CUE (via the E164 number field) to recognize that other number as being associated with the same mailbox as 1000.

how would you configure CME to use the just the extension number on external transfers so i don't need to configure the e164 number?

thanks,

deno

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: