cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCVP LAB

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

hi guys i have a v basic question i have got ccnp on me and now i m v much interested in doing voice track.....i m making a lab for ccvp now i want to replicate the true scenario it would be two sites with ccm servers on each site....so i have to buy two routers i have already manage to buy a 2811 v/k9 router now my budget is bit low but i want to have futuristic approach as well......on other side what router would be the best option.....someone told me to get hold of 2620.....now guys what abt 1841 router is it good instead of 2620....now my second question is abt E1 card cuz i want if my wan connection goes down my call shd be routed through PSTN thats why i m looking for e1 cards....now plz guide me shd i get e1 card or what.....Thanks guys for looking...hope to get a good reply soon

3 Replies 3

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

2620 would do the trick.. make sure you get either a network module with voice DSP's on it, or you will need a voice AIM in it.

E1 is good to interface to the PSTN but you would need an E1 circuit from a telco which would be expensive. If you want to go digital you could try a voice BRI interface, or you could go analog with some FXO ports.

1800 series routers are no good if you want to configure voice features. And in CCVP this is fairly important :) - make sure you get something that you can configure H323 Gatekeeper services on.. this is a fairly key part of CCVP.

If you want to avoid telco charges you could look for an ISDN simulator etc.. Adtran springs to mind, but they wont be cheap.

Cheers,

Tim

Coming from CCNP you'll probably want to start with QoS, and any router running 12.3 should support this, including something as low-end as the 830. You'll also want to look in to getting a 2950 switch.

The 2620 or 3620 will work great for handling a NM-1V or NM-2V, which you can then get a few FXO and FXS cards for. On a budget you can also use a VG200, which is really just a rebranded 2620.

One thing that will be very handy and only cost a few cents is a loopback plug for T1s or E1s. You obviously can't send any calls over the link, but can at least see the interface come up and can attempt outbound calls.

mschuh
Level 1
Level 1

if you want to simulate PSTN you need TWO E1/T1 Interfaces. configure one for network side and the other one for user side and use E1 Crossover cable (see also http://homepages.pathfinder.gr/nm1287/Pages_2/E1_01.htm)