cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDP protocol driver problem on Callmanager

e.groves
Level 1
Level 1

We are receiving the following application log error: cannot open service cdp.error code = 1060. The driver file CDP.sys shows up in the WINNT\System32\Drivers directory but it doesn't show up under hidden devices in the device manager. I ran the Backup Regedit export file \Program Files\Cisco\Bin\cdp2k101.reg which should correct any cdp registry problems. I also did the install run procedure for cdp listed in the program files\cisco\bin\cdp.inf file. Now we are getting the following error: cannot start service cdp error code = 997. The cdp driver is in the windows 2000 drivers directory but it won't show up in device manager. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this, or should I try to get another CDP driver from Cisco?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you perform any OS upgrades on the CCM server?

Check out bug:CSCsa91562

SYMPTOM: Indication on server console that one or more services failed to start. System event log shows CDP Protocol Driver Service failed to start.

CONDITION: Microsoft hotfix MS05-019 has been installed individually or as part of 2000.2.7sr3.

WORKAROUND

Upgrade to either Cisco CallManager Release 3.3(5), 4.0(2a), or 4.1(3) if you want to maintain the same functionality.

I unistalled that individual hotfix and CDP is running OK, however even with the CDP disabled you should not see any down effect.

Chris