cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Analysis and Reporting

davidlblair
Level 1
Level 1

After you install the CDR Analysis and Reporting (CAR)for CCM v3.3(2), what is the initial administrator account and password to log into CAR to plug system wide reports?

I can login now and pull a report for the user I have logged in as. But I cannot pull a system wide report because I do cannot login with as account that has CAR admin rights.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The initial administrator account and password to log into CAR is admin admin. This account can only be used once, therefore you need to assign administrative rights to another user before logging out.

Once you have granted admin rights to the user, you can then log into CAR with this account.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The initial administrator account and password to log into CAR is admin admin. This account can only be used once, therefore you need to assign administrative rights to another user before logging out.

Once you have granted admin rights to the user, you can then log into CAR with this account.

Thanks, that did the trick.

I am using CCM 3.3(3). Installed CAR plugin and try to login with the admin admin account , but failing. It is telling "system error, contact administrator". Is the initial UserID and Password is different for 3.3(3)?

I have not tried CAR on CCM v3.3(3) yet. I did try CAR on CCM v3.3(2) and the inital UserID and Password is still admin/admin.

we are also experiencing this problem.

when installing CAR on 3.3.3(sr3) only prompts for

cluster password and installs without error.

when run Car - prompts for initial logon

1) if enter anything other than admin admin

get "Invalid Login"

2) enter admin admin

get the following messages:

Windows 2000 5.0 x86; java vendor=Sun Microssytems Inc)

then states "Session Error"

(not invalid login)

so it appears there is a scripting error and admin admin is still the login and password (initially)

any comments are appreciated

add to notes:

removed CAR and rebooted

re-installed CAR and same thing

installs w/o any problems or errors

but get same "session error" as before

upgraded to 3.3.3(sr4)

no help

is there an issue with the plugin from 3.3.3 ???

(Is there a revised version ?)

or is it just this installation

this was installed from scratch (Lab) as 3.3.3 (not an upgrade)

any suggestions, would be appreciated

My problem was when I upgraded from CCM 3.1.3a to 3.3.2 SPC. CAR would not work. I had to uninstall CAR, reboot, make sure the ART folder is removed from Ciscowebs. Install CAR. Login with admin/admin. Add users as administrators. There is a CAR troubleshooting guide. Also read over the CCM Serviceabilty manuals Admin and Troubeshooting Guide.

I forgot to mention that CAR and ART require Named Pipes to be loaded to talk to the SQL database. The TAC also talked me though checking the various internal user accounts and reseting those passwords to their default.

Hi,

To logon into CAR 3.3(3) you must create a user first. If you want specific configuration search about how recovery password.

Not to be mean, but how does that apply to this thread? None of us had forgotten our passwords. I fresh installed a CCM 3.3.3 server and installed CAR and could not logon because CCM 3.3.3 did not load the Name Pipes protocol. I had the same problem when I upgraded from CCM 3.3.2 to CCM 3.3.3. I opened a TAC case and the engineer found a bug that CAR needs Named Pipes to access the SQL database used by CAR. This applies to installing CCM 3.3.3 on an ICS-7750.

Look at this url for the CAR login error that I experienced.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCea83525&Submit=Search

FYI, not 7750 (7835) and all Tests Completed successfully.

here is the error message

Windows 2000 5.0 x86; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Session Error

I have same problem with same message. I guess user ID and password admin admin are ok, problem is something else.

Did you solve this?

I had the same problem.

After a while of "hard analisys" :) I find out that the CCMCDR Account from ODBC was missing.Then it worked.

not sure what you mean

I installed 3.3.3sr4 on brand new machine

and works fine on there

compared ODBC on the two machines and see no differences.

Please give a little more detail on your fix

thanks