Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Collection for AS5300 VoIP

I am looking for an inexpencive Radius server for collecting CDR form AS5300. I am using Syslog now, but loosing a lot of information that way.

Can somebody suggest me a better way of collecting CDRs than using syslog? Any inexpencive Radius server out there that can do this job?

Also I am looking for a way to use AS5300 as a pre-paid calling platform. Can anybody let me know if it is possible to do and if yes how?

2 Replies 2

itstech1
Level 1
Level 1

I can recommend the Radiator server from OSC ( www.open.com.au ). It is actually written in Perl which might seem a little weird but it is a top notch product at a very reasonable price.

They have excellent documentation and I have been billing from As5300s using it for about two years.

HOWEVER, this is not a billing system. You need to do a fair bit of data processing to generate CDRs from the RADIUS ACCOUNTING records. This is not a week long project unless you are or have a hot programmer.

I know that Rodopi do a Cisco compatible VoIP billing system with calling card support which is relatively affordable. A company called Telephony Experts do a relatively cheap product as well ( they merged with someone and have a new name ).

After that there are some expensive solutions.

An Israeli company makes a system that starts out ( or at least did two years ago ) at $100k. Mind CTI is the company.

Then you can go to Portal if you have at least half a million in change, but with only half a million to spend you might not interest them ( unless they have gotten hungrier with the recent industry downturn ).

Somebody else may have investigated all of this more recently than me and may have more current info to give you.

pchepurthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Just visit www.isoftel.com. It provides solutions to both of ur queries. Currently it has developed a new ipMillenia product which serves prepaid, post paid services etc.