Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CDR custom reporting

I have a CM 4.1(2) cluster and am running CDR Analysis and Reporting tools. I have reviewed all the standard reports that come with CDR, but would like to write a custom report that shows the number of minutes used by call type (ie. local, long distance, internal, etc.). I've viewed the data stored in SQL, but am unable to find the field for call type. I need to identify each record in the database by call type to accurately report what I need. When you run a report in CDR does it generate the call type on the fly ? Is there a field in the database that coorelates directly to the various call types ?

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CDR custom reporting

Bronze

One way to do it is to get a .txt report by going CDR->Search->By User/Extension and open it in Excel. The first column shows call type.

The Call Type is a field in the reporting configuration and database, and not part of the CDR SQL database.

In the CDR reporting web pages, under system -> System Parameters -> Dial plan configuration is where you set what numbers get set to what call type.

When the nightly CDR load occurs to load CDR data into reports, this is when the data gets put into report (ART) database. The call type is classified at the loading time and can't be changed once it's in the ART by the web. (It's not dynamic, gets set when data is loaded into the database based on report configuration).

In the ART database, it's the tbl_billing_data table then the call_classification field.

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for. Is there any documentation on the ART database that would indicate what each field in the Tbl_Billing_data is ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content