cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Database

irlitewave
Level 1
Level 1

I receive the following error nightly from my call manager. Is there some maintence that I need to do to remove some rows?

Number of rows in CallDetailRecord table in the CDR database has crossed the threshold limit

Thanks

1 Reply 1

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

There is a setting in CallManager that defines the max number of CDR records to keep in the CDR database. By default, CallManager 3.0 had a setting of 10 million, and in 3.1 and newer versions this setting is 1.5 million records. You can find the setting for your CallManager in the "Service Parameters" configuration of ccmadmin (in 3.2 it's under the "Cisco Database Layer Monitor" category).

CallManager will automatically delete older CDR records to ensure that the number of records in your CDR database stays below the specified limit, so this is not a severe error, if this is indeed what it represents.

However, having a CDR database with that many records may affect the performance of your CallManager. There are a number of ways to maintain a the CDR database.

One solution is to use CAR (CDR Analysis and Reporting), as it provides a way to automate this through a scheduled CDR database purge.

CAR is downloadable from Cisco Software Centre, and you can find CAR documentation on the Cisco website. CAR also includes several reports that you may find useful, though they are not as full-featured as a complete Call-Accounting package.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4d4b.html#1100658

Alternatively you could configure a DTS package to handle this, but the CAR solution might be easier for you to configure and maintain, and mat be the preferred method by Cisco.

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: