Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CDR date not available

Hi All,

Anyone seen this error before on cdr? I can't view any phone records after May 2005, CCM only went in last month, says it can only search from 1970 to May 2005.

I've read a few of the posts, and followed the directions for enabling CDR on CCM.

Ta

Noel

10 REPLIES

Re: CDR date not available

Are u talking about CDR or CAR?

Go and check in the CDR database in SQL whether there is current data.

Can you check whether the CDR insert service is running on the Publisher or not?

Check the c:\program files\cisco\Call detail\CDR folder on th publisher and see if there are any files in it. Also check the BAD folder in c:\program files\cisco\Call detail folder.

Let me know what u find.

Hi,

Firstly excuse my lack of knowledge on CCM .. this my first install of it ... CCM is a stand alone.

I'd found something about the flag being set to true on CCO before posting ... but it still not working.

The folder BAD is empty, the folder CDR has a file, abt 5k dated todays date, but nothing else.

The CDR page won't load now, below is the page it tries to open https://10.46.1.1/art/Logon.jsp

I don't have remote access to the site, I work in the field.

Where would these files be saved? I looked in a folder u suggested but it didn't exist on my CCM .. I did find a file in MSSQL/Data CDR_log.LDF and CDR.mdf with todays date and the files are 90MB and 194MB.

I will return on site next week and see what else I can gather in the mean time.

Tnxs for ur input.

Rgrds

Noel

Hi Noel,

From the size and time of the cdr.mdf file it seems that it has current data. So, now u can go into SQL enterprise manager and actually get down to the CDR database and then to the Calldetailrecord table and see whether there is data or not.

Then go up to the ART database and rightclick on the TBL_Billing_Data table and open it and look for current data. If you see current data there, but you are not able to see it using the CAR tool, then go ahead and uninstall CAR first and then reinstall it and then check.

Let me know how things go. You can reach me at suman.bhattacharya@ocwen.com

apu

Had the same problem for one of our clients.

In Call Manager Administration, go to Service -> System Parameters. For each server, choose the Cisco Call Manager service and then make sure "CDR Enabled Flag" is set to True.

Once this setting is saved, you should start seeing data in the CDR SQL database immediately. However, the CDR Analysis and Reporting tool will not allow us to use today's date to generate any reports so wait until midnight before you check to see if this works.

Hi All,

Ok, I will be on site again week after next and will try that out ... I did set the flag and another setting I found on CCO, can't remember off the top of my head what it was.

Will let u guys know in 2 weeks.

Tnxs for the advice.

Noel

Hi Noel,

Check this Callmanager Service parameter on the Publisher :

CDR enabled : TRUE

Make sure that you have the parameter set to true for all the Callmanagers in your cluster. Most of the time I have seen people enabling this parameter on the Publisher, whereas their Subscribers act as the primary callmanagers.

It is not that we always have to wait for 24 hours for CDR data to be pushed to ART.

By default the ARt scheduler is set to 24 hours. You can go into the CAR tool and go into the ART scheduler and change it to 5-10 mins and check whether data is getting pushed from CDR to ART or not. This will let u find out things much faster - or else, after 24 hours u might see that data is not getting puched from CDR to ART.

Noel, if you see that data is not getting pushed from CDR to ART after checking everything and also changing the default scheduler time, let me know. I will send u a couple of SQL statements to empty some tables in the ART database and after that it will work properly.

we also have the same problem.Tried changing the time to 10 minutes and checked but there is no data available.Pls send me the SQL QUERY statements to try the last options.

Thanks

Madhu

apu

Try this SQL query to see if anything is getting into the CDR database

select callingPartyNumber,originalCalledPartyNumber,duration from dbo.CallDetailRecord where callingPartyNumber='YOUR_EXTENSION'

See also http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801d71c5.shtml

U dont have to do this. Open the Calldetailrecord table in CDR database in the SQL Enterprise Manager and then download the CDR date/time converter from CCO and check the dates - u will find out when what call was made.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content