Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

CDR Dial Plan Configuration

This might be an easy, dumb question...but, when you configure the No of Digits, does that count any prefix digits? Like we dial a 9 to get out. Would I need to count that 9 or the CDR Dial Plan doesn't count discarded digits? Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: CDR Dial Plan Configuration

Hi Mike

There is no such thing as a dumb question.When configuring the CAR Dial Plan the 9 is ignored.Here is a link for CCM 4.1.3-CAR;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f526a.html#wp1092310

Hope this helps!

Rob

Bronze

Thanks for the quick reply! I have that document (and I'll admit I didn't read it word for word), but I didn't see it stated in there.

Another question...when you make a change to the dial plan configuration, will those changes just be in effect for any calls from then on out or if you run reports on previous calls before the Dial Plan Config changes will it work? Thanks!

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hey Mike,

No worries! The changes take place at midnight of the day they were implemented. I don't think the back dated reports will change.

HTH - Rob

Bronze

Does anyone know of any more detailed documentation on CDR & CAR? I ran a CAR report on Traffice based on extension by day of the week and I'm trying to match that up with a CDR report for an extension and it doesn't seem to match up 100%. I'm assuming it SHOULD match up, but it doesn't!

For example: In a CAR report, are Internal calls just incoming internal calls, outgoing or both?

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content