Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CDR errors

I am unable to record CDRs in SQL database. The message that appears is: Reports only available from 12th nov to 12th nov.

On the CallManager server, in event viewer, it is the following erroe:

"Error: kErrorCDRServerDown - Error connecting to CDR Database.

ODBC Error: Failed to connect to datasource: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'CiscoCCMCDR'.

App ID: Cisco CDR Insert

Cluster ID: TrendServer-Cluster

Node ID: 172.16.60.25

Explanation: CDR database server is not responding. CDRs cannot be written.

Recommended Action: Either bring server back online or reconfigure CDRs to be written to a different server.."

The CAR tells me, at the DETAILS button that the name of the database is "art".

What the problem is ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: CDR errors

check to ensure that the CDR option in CCM Service parameters is set to true. This enables the CDR's to be written from the flat files to the CDR Dbase. You can do this by going to CCMAdmin Service dropdown.

Then select service parameters. Select the publisher first, Look for the CDR enabled field. It is defaulted to false. Set it to true if it is not already. Do the same for the subscriber server.

Restart the CCM Service and you should be good to go.

FYI, the CDR insert service is not supposed to be running on a subscriber CCM. Also the ODBC connect to the cdr dbase; username: CiscoCCMCDR password: dipsy

This can be set in the SQL server enterprise manager under the security => logins tab

10 REPLIES
Blue

Is the CDR Insert Service running on the publisher? What version of CM are you on. CM 3.2(2c) pre SP H had a bug that broke CDR insert service.

Community Member

The version is 3.2(1). The CDR insert service is running, but i'm confuse with the publisher term: is it the SQL server where CDR insert the records? in this case it's running

Community Member

In SQL you have the concept of a publication database, which can be thought of as a 'master' database, and subscriber databases which can be thought of as replicas. One of your CallManager servers will host the publisher CallManager database (CCM03xx) and the CDR database as well.

Community Member

Ok, I understood. The service is running, but the calls are not recorded in the database. The CAR, when I try to view a bill, tells me that the report is availible only from 12th NOV to 12th NOV.

Blue

If you go to the Subscriber and C:\Program Files\Cisco\CDR do you see flat text files being written to that directory?

Community Member

Yes, there are hundreds of files, no extension, written very often, with call informations.

Community Member

I logged into the sql server and I saw that the users CiscoCCMCDR and CiscoCCMReader have the default database set on "master". Is that correct? Don't should be set on "CDR" and "CCM0300" ?

Bronze

Its OK. The stored procedures that run have the "USE" command that specifies what database to use.

Community Member

check to ensure that the CDR option in CCM Service parameters is set to true. This enables the CDR's to be written from the flat files to the CDR Dbase. You can do this by going to CCMAdmin Service dropdown.

Then select service parameters. Select the publisher first, Look for the CDR enabled field. It is defaulted to false. Set it to true if it is not already. Do the same for the subscriber server.

Restart the CCM Service and you should be good to go.

FYI, the CDR insert service is not supposed to be running on a subscriber CCM. Also the ODBC connect to the cdr dbase; username: CiscoCCMCDR password: dipsy

This can be set in the SQL server enterprise manager under the security => logins tab

Community Member

Thanks a lot !!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content