Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CDR not getting updated in the sql table calldetailrecord

My problem is as follows

1.When ever a call is made the cdr is collected on to the publisher on the in the calldetail/CDR folder.

2.Than the cdr files are automatically moved to calldetail/BAD folder.

3.So the sql database is not getting updated i can see no entry in the calldetail record table.

4I also have mind ip billing system connected to the network which pulls the cdr records into its database ..but i cnt see the cdr in tht table either.

following is the error that i could capture from the cdr insert service on the publisher...

02/17/2006 20:35:06.094 CDR| CMonitor::PreparedStatement Error

*ERROR* Insert failed S [42S02] E

[d0]|<CLID::XXXXXX-Cluster><NID::172.24.6.21>

02/17/2006 20:35:06.094 CDR|Error executing "insert into

CallDetailRecord

(cdrRecordType,globalCallID_callManagerId,globalCallID_callId,origLegCallIdentifier,dateTimeOrigination,origNodeId,origSpan,origIpAddr,callingPartyNumber,callingPartyLoginUserID,origCause_location,origCause_value,origPrecedenceLevel,origMediaTransportAddress_IP,origMediaTransportAddress_Port,origMediaCap_payloadCapability,origMediaCap_maxFramesPerPacket,origMediaCap_g723BitRate,origVideoCap_Codec,origVideoCap_Bandwidth,origVideoCap_Resolution,origVideoTransportAddress_IP,origVideoTransportAddress_Port,destLegIdentifier,destNodeId,destSpan,destIpAddr,originalCalledPartyNumber,finalCalledPartyNumber,finalCalledPartyLoginUserID,destCause_location,destCause_value,destPrecedenceLevel,destMediaTransportAddress_IP,destMediaTransportAddress_Port,destMediaCap_payloadCapability,destMediaCap_maxFramesPerPacket,destMediaCap_g723BitRate,destVideoCap_Codec,destVideoCap_Bandwidth,destVideoCap_Resolution,destVideoTransportAddress_IP,destVideoTransportAddress_Port,dateTimeConnect,dateTimeDisconnect,lastRedirectDn,pkid,originalCalledPartyNumberPartition,callingPartyNumberPartition,finalCalledPartyNumberPartition,lastRedirectDnPartition,duration,origDeviceName,destDeviceName,origCallTerminationOnBehalfOf,destCallTerminationOnBehalfOf,origCalledPartyRedirectOnBehalfOf,lastRedirectRedirectOnBehalfOf,origCalledPartyRedirectReason,lastRedirectRedirectReason,destConversationId,globalCallId_ClusterID,joinOnBehalfOf,comment)

VALUES

(1,2,368,33555323,1140176081,2,0,-93448020,'3104','',0,16,4,-93448020,19922,15,30,0,0,0,0,0,0,33555324,2,0,-1720837972,'1320','1320','',0,0,4,-1720837972,18902,15,30,0,0,0,0,0,0,1140176083,1140176091,'1320','{68DDAB6A-8029-4E7D-8B63-B3ED6CF5EBB7}','XXXXXX_Partition','XXXXXX_Partition','XXXXXX_Partition','XXXXXX_Partition',8,'SEP00036B54B4CA','SEP000785286A81',12,0,0,0,0,0,0,'XXXXXX-Cluster',0,'')":

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name

'MindDB.dbo.CallDetailRecord'.|<CLID::XXXXXX-Cluster><NID::172.24.6.21>

02/17/2006 20:35:06.094 CDR|kErrorCDRServerDown - Error connecting to

CDR Database. ODBC Error:Error executing "insert into CallDetailRecord

(cdrRecordType,globalCallID_callManagerId,globalCallID_callId,origLegCallIdentifier

App ID:Cisco CDR Insert Cluster ID:XXXXXX-Cluster Node

ID:172.24.6.21|<CLID::XXXXXX-Cluster><NID::172.24.6.21><CT::Alarm>

02/17/2006 20:35:06.094 CDR|<--CMonitor::PreparedStatement Error

5.I have checked the odbc connectivity n it seems to work fine.

6.Can anyone suggest me how to get rid of the odbc error , thanks in advance.

regards,

shirish.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
5 REPLIES

Re: CDR not getting updated in the sql table calldetailrecord

One thing to check is the SQL trigger that the 3rd party application is using. When you upgrade your callmanager, you get a new database. Most 3rd party billing systems have problems when this happens b/c they are referencing a database that is now not in use.

Thanks

After Upgrading CiscoCallManager, the database name will increment from CCM0300 to CCM0301 for example.

3rd party billing software has SQL triggers that are hard coded to the original database name.

The trigger points to the old database name, causing all of the CDR data to be written to the BAD

directory on the pub. This data is retrievable.

Workaround:

Edit the trigger to point to the current name of the database. This is accomplished by a text editor.

The trigger is found on the pub. Start > Programs > Micorsoft SQL Server 7.0 > Enterprise Manager. Expand

'Microsoft SQL Servers', expand 'SQL Server Group', expand 'Local (machinename)', expand 'Databases'.

Select and expand the 'CDR' database, select 'Tables', then right click on the entry on the right

window named 'CallDetailRecord' > All Tasks > Manage Triggers. If there is more than one trigger,

a pulldown will allow you to select triggers by name.

Copy the contents to a text editor (notepad), replace all instances of the previous name of the

database - in this case CCM0300 - with CCM0301. Copy back to the trigger and check Syntax.

Hi jorge,

Firstly i havent done a callmanager upgrade i have performed only OS update.

I did went through the trigger and found a trigger referencing to MIND database(billing application)but i couldnt see any mind.db.calldetailrecords on my publisher.

So i went ahead n deleted the trigger, as soon as i deleted the trigger everything happens to work fine.

thanks very much for your support jorge :)

This sounds like it might fix my problem, but I don't see any instances where it actually references the database name.  I do have two in there (CCM0303 and CCM0304), but they aren't listed at all in my trigger.

Here is what my trigger reads:

CREATE TRIGGER Trigger_CDR_insert ON [CDR].[dbo].[CallDetailRecord] FOR INSERT AS BEGIN

INSERT [MindDB].[dbo].[CallDetailRecord] SELECT * FROM inserted

END

jbarcena wrote:

Workaround:

Edit the trigger to point to the current name of the database.  This is accomplished by a text editor.

The trigger is found on the pub.  Start > Programs > Micorsoft SQL Server 7.0 > Enterprise Manager.  Expand

'Microsoft SQL Servers', expand 'SQL Server Group', expand 'Local (machinename)', expand 'Databases'.

Select and expand the 'CDR' database, select 'Tables', then right click on the entry on the right

window named 'CallDetailRecord' > All Tasks > Manage Triggers.  If there is more than one trigger,

a pulldown will allow you to select triggers by name. 

Copy the contents to a text editor (notepad), replace all instances of the previous name of the

database - in this case CCM0300 - with CCM0301.  Copy back to the trigger and check Syntax.

Actually, I was working with my DBA and I think we may have fixed it.  In my trigger, it was referencing MindDB (which I do not have).  I changed it to CCM0304 (which is my new database after re-installing CCM), but that still didn't work.  I realized there is no table called CallDetailRecord in the CCM0304 database.  I change it do CDR and that seems to have fixed it.

Views
Helpful
Replies