Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR restore after upgrade to 3.3 from 3.1

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are planning to upgrade our Call Managers to version 3.3. The cluster currently runs version 3.1(4b)spC. We want to preserve our Call Detail records, so we are going to backup our CDR database (through SQL Enterprise Manager...). Is it possible to restore the CallDetailRecord table after the upgrade? I am asking this because from SQL7.0 we move to SQL2000.

Regards,

Yanna

5 Replies 5

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Yanna,

All the databases get upgraded, so your CDR's are preserved as part of the upgrade.

I would ask though, why are you so worried? If you are using a Call Logging package that truly supports call manager then it should be deleting the CDR records after it reads them anyway.

Paul

Paul,

thanks for your reply. I did not know that CDRs are preserved during the upgrade along with the rest of data. The reason I am worried is because CDRs are polled from the billing application in specific timeslots, so the last ones are still kept in CM. Also there is a chance to use new disks for the new version, so in that case I have to restore them. Is that possible?

Regards,

Yanna

Yanna,

If you have servers with mirrored hard drives (7835, 7845 etc...) then yes you can pull one of the drives out before doing the upgrade. However you must have a complete pair before the upgrade starts, so if you have a spare disk then swap one of your drives out, let the mirror re-build itself (abot 3 hours) and then do the upgrade.

You can safely pull the drive hot and replace it, so do it during the day and then upgrade at night. Depending on the number of servers and assuming you have already done the hard drive swap then the upgrade proccess itself should take about 3.5 hours for the publisher and then 1.5 hours per subscriber.

Paul

Paul hi,

we will follow this procedure, as the customer bought new disks ( at last...). Why do we have to have two disks during the upgarde? Can't we upgrade with one disk and then perform mirroring? Now of course we do not need to do that as we have more than two disks... so we can use one of the old ones for the upgrade and preserve the other one in case something goes wrong.

Another question: can we perform mirroring between a disk of 9 GB and a disk of 18 GB? CM is 7835-1000.

Yanna

Yanna,

You have to have 2 disks because the call manager install proccess checks for 2 disks as part of the build. If there aren't 2 disks it just complains and refuses to carry on. Don't forget CM3.3 upgrades are like performing a brand new install.

On the mirroring side of things I don't know, but I would guess not, because again the install proccess checks the disk space and installs a fixed size image to the disk.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: