Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR unavailable

amknnd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

on my publisher CDR service is running, i could get the CDR for last two months,

but when i tried to have a CDR for ccurrent month upto this date & time,

it's giving an error that data is available only up to 6th DEC.

I have checked the folder c:\programe files\cisco\calldetail\cdr in that i am

able to see the multiple files which has got created after 6th dec.

where/what is the exact problem?

If any checklist/solution to resolve this problem pls suggest.

thanks,

Amy

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amy ... I recently had the same problem, when I would go to run an extension report I would get the following error:

Error 30023. Data is only available to Nov.5 2005

The problem for us was that the CDR Analysis and Reporting Scheduler was stopped. On the Services page it showed as started but a deeper look showed that in fact it was stopped.Restarting the service fixed the problem, you may have to wait until the next scheduled CDR load runs to see the missing data.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

netkrish80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amy,

Files you are seeing in the cdr folder is called flat files. These files contains the actual cdr data. Using the cdr insert service these data will get loaded in the cdr database.

The problem is that these files are not loading in the cdr database.

Normally restarting the cdr insert service will solve this problem. If not, you need to restart the database layer monitor service also. But when you restart the database layer monitor service your service will get affected. So please transfer the phones to subsciber if it is present and then restart the two service in the publisher call manager.

Once the services are restarted the files in the cdr folder will be inserted to the cdr database during the CDR load scedule timings.

your file count in cdr folder will decrement.

Once all the files are inserted you can able to take the reports.

All the best.

Krishna.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like a syncronization problem. Take a look at the following link.

CDR Analysis and Reporting Fails to Query by Dates

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080576153.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Amy ... I recently had the same problem, when I would go to run an extension report I would get the following error:

Error 30023. Data is only available to Nov.5 2005

The problem for us was that the CDR Analysis and Reporting Scheduler was stopped. On the Services page it showed as started but a deeper look showed that in fact it was stopped.Restarting the service fixed the problem, you may have to wait until the next scheduled CDR load runs to see the missing data.

Hope this helps!

Rob

netkrish80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amy,

Files you are seeing in the cdr folder is called flat files. These files contains the actual cdr data. Using the cdr insert service these data will get loaded in the cdr database.

The problem is that these files are not loading in the cdr database.

Normally restarting the cdr insert service will solve this problem. If not, you need to restart the database layer monitor service also. But when you restart the database layer monitor service your service will get affected. So please transfer the phones to subsciber if it is present and then restart the two service in the publisher call manager.

Once the services are restarted the files in the cdr folder will be inserted to the cdr database during the CDR load scedule timings.

your file count in cdr folder will decrement.

Once all the files are inserted you can able to take the reports.

All the best.

Krishna.

Hi kris,

Thanks for ur reply..i restarted the cdr insert it didnt resolved the problem so tried with restarting publisher server...problem still persist.

Tommorow i will verify against all the responses recieved in forum & let you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Amy

Hi all,

I had checked immediatly after restart..problem was not solved as it took some time to insert data into database..today when i am checking it out, it's working ..I know restart isnt a good solution & is a bad practice.

All replies to this post really helped me a lot to know the reason & next time if problem occurs i need not to apply thumb rule.

Thanking you everyone!

bye

Hi Amy,

There is no need to restart the server.You only need to restart the cdr insert and database layer monitor service. That's it.

Please do not restart the ccm quite often.

Regards

Krishna.