Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CER E-mail Notification

Is there a CER log file that can tell me why CER is not sending e-mail notifications when a 911 call is placed?

Thanks in advance.

-David

4 REPLIES

Re: CER E-mail Notification

Not exactly sure if there is a log file for this but here is a link to the documentation for troubleshooting email problems.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps842/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802365a3.html#wp1082549

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Community Member

Thank you for the response. These are steps in what to do with the e-mail alerts. I'm not even getting that far. I need to troubleshoot why any e-mail alerts are not being sent. I have verified the CER account on the e-mail server.

Community Member

I had a similar problem yesterday. You can search for my earlier post on this topic. My fix was to make sure that you identify a mail domain in the mail server setup, even though it's not required and claims it's only if the recipient domain is not indicated. If not this, than still possibly mail account related, but troubleshooting logs -as far as I saw- are non-existent.

Community Member

I have it working now. Since CER just says "Source Mailbox ID", I just put the mailbox user ID there. Didn't realize it needed to be the full e-mail address. Well, anyway, it's working now. Thanks for everyone's help!

-Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content