Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CER - ELIN and DID assignment

My customer has a block of DIDs, which they are using for individual users - only a few are unassigned. They are implementing CER, and need to assign ELINs (they have 17 sites, about 5 ERLs per site). My question is, is there any way to use extensions of people who will receive 911 callbacks (e.g. a receptionist) as ELIN numbers, or do the ELIN DIDs have to be dedicated to the CER? Unless there is something in the incoming 911 callback that allows the call to be identified as such, I don't see how the call can be directed to the CER, instead of direct to the extension. Other than the DNIS, I don;t know what that something would be. Any solution which would avoid having to get more DIDs would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: CER - ELIN and DID assignment

in the tdm world this would be solved by sending the incoming did to an acd and using the night call forward to redirect the call to the next hop. (non-did)

Views
Helpful
Replies