Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

CER for monitoring

I have a customer that purchsed CER to just alert someone (at another DN) that a 911 call was placed. They are not really concerned with the full-blown use of the ERL concept. I have never implemented CER in this way before. What steps should I take (or shouldn't take) to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

-David

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CER for monitoring

you will have to complete the setup of the ERL, etc. that CER uses.

without this, CER will not function properly let alone alert on a 911 call.

a cheaper and easier solution could be to get a basic Call Accounting software that gives you the option to send emails/alerts when a specific digit string is dialed.

Re: CER for monitoring

Cool. I found the doc that contains how CER would do this, but still unclear on how to configure it. They basically want to just have the PSAP see what any normal POTS user sends out.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content