Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CFNA sent out to receptionist and at night pulled back to user phone

I am looking for a little help on this situation.

The customer currently has a phone system that allows when a call comes into an indviduals first line and they do not answer, during the day the phone system will CFNA to the receptionist. At night the receptionist hits the "Night Mode" option and when the caller then gets a phone call the system will not send the caller to the receptionist in the event of CFNA. TAC indicated that this can not be done. I am wondering if anyone has found a work around to handle this situation.

Thanks

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: CFNA sent out to receptionist and at night pulled back to us

We can do something similar. What you can do is permanently CFNA all phones to the receptionist phone, and then after-hours, CFA the receptionist phone to voicemail. The effect of this would be to CFNA calls to the receptionist during business hours, and then when the receptionist does CFA to voicemail after close of business, calls to individuals get CFNA'd to voicemail - and end up in the correct user's greeting, because Unity will obey the first redirecting number, which in this case is the individual's phone.

If what you need is to let calls ring indefinitely when the receptionist is not available, then we really don't have a way to do that. Obviously, I'm also assuming you have Unity or a similar voicemail system available.

Views
Helpful
Replies