Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Change functionality of the ?-button

Hello,

I am new in this forum and I hope that I can explain my problem clearly and that somebody can help me.

I would like to change the functionality of the ?-button so that the phone users can call the helpdesk immediately if they press this button.

Therefore I've changed the Information URL (old: .../GetTelecasterHelpText.asp) against a new one (.../helpdesk.asp).

In this file I try to realise the new functionality with the "<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>" tag.

My problem is now, if I press the ?-button the call isn't executed immediately. On the display appears still "Select a key for more Info..." and when I press a key the information 'window' is displayed and it shows my xml tags.

Therefore I would like to know if anybody has an idea how I can execute the call immediately after pressing the ?-button? Or rather why still appears the information text and information 'window'?

4 REPLIES

Re: Change functionality of the ?-button

Did you ever solve this problem?

Or does anyone else have any information on how this can be done?

I am also trying to do something similar

Silver

I believe that this functionality is part of the phone's firmware and cannot be changed...

I was afraid of that. It seems kind of odd that you are allowed to change where the ?-button pulls the page from, but not what the page can do...

Hello!

I didn't find a solution for that problem. And I think that Aaron is right that the ?-button functionality is part of the phone's firmware and cannot be changed.

But I am still open-minded about new ideas.

Views
Helpful
Replies