cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change MAC in Call Attendant SW

MaslonLori
Level 1
Level 1

We're swapping out Front Desk's 7960 for a 7961 model. However I don't know where to change the MAC address. I tried unassociating the 7960 phone from both the Front Desk ID and the Attendant Console ID and then associating the 7961 but it doesn't change the MAC and the CallAtt SW doesn't work.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lori,

What release of CCM are you running? The tech notes for both 4.1.3 and 4.2.1 indicate that the 7961 is not a supported phone to work with Attendant Console.

Cisco IP Phones that are used with the attendant console must meet the following guidelines:

Use the attendant console with any Cisco IP Phone Models 7902, 7905, 7912, 7940, 7960, and 7970.

Make sure that the Cisco IP Phone is added as a device in Cisco CallManager before it is used with the attendant console.

Make sure that you associate the attendant directory numbers in addition to the pilot points and devices with the ac user that you configured in the User area of Cisco CallManager Administration.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a8b.html#wp1145016

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Hi, I'm having the same issue with CUCM 6.0 and 7961G's and 7970s both of which are supported.

the phones are added as a device. The phones are associated with the AC user.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times, but despite this, the program still "remembers" the last mac and login id. I guess from this that the uninstall isn't complete, but I'm not sure what to try next.

thanks!

Keli~

Sadly, I never did figure this out. Then I found out our version support the 7961 phone anyways so it became a mute point.

~Lori