Views
Helpful
Replies

Change outbound DN

florianfetty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I`ve a litte question to CCM 4.1(3)! I have about 300 phones with DNs starting form 8000. Everything is working fine but i want some DNs to send a different Number to external parties!

For example:

User A: DN 8100 should appear outside as 1000 (09xxxx8100 -> 09xxxx1000)

Does anyone know, how i can manage this?

Thanks a lot!

Greetz; Flo

7 Replies 7

wojtek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Use External Phone Number Mask in line configuration...

Also your Route-Patterns should have "Use External Phone Number Mask" field checked.

Regards

Wojtek

Thanks for your fast reply! :-)

I already entered the number i want in the "external phone number mask" field on the line settings, but when I do this, the correct DN on the upper right edge of the phone`s display is also changed to 1000! I need to display the 8xxx DN on the phone but on external it should appear as 1000!

Any idea?

Greetz; Flo

Hi

Is your gateway H.323 or MGCP?

Regards

Wojtek

I`m using H.323!

b.r.; Flo

Hi

You can do this in two ways:

1. On H.323 gateway

voice translation-rule 777

rule 1 /8100/ /0912341000/

!

voice translation-profile 777

translate calling 777

!

voice-port 1/0:15

translation-profile ougoing 777

Instead of 1234 use you prefix. In voice translation rule you can use up to 15 records (you can add records for other phones which need translation). "Translation profile outgoing 777" can also be used in dial-peer voice XXX pots configuration (if you need translation only for some destination patterns);

You can test if your translation 777 is working fine using "test voice translation-rule 777 XXXX" where XXXX is your calling number.

2. You can also do that reconfiguring only CCM.

a. create one additional partition for example TRANS;

b. create one additional CSS which will be used by phone 8100. Partition TRANS should be on the first place in this CSS. You should change CSS for extension 8100 from your CSS to this one;

c. create route-patterns for access your PSTN. In configuration of these route-patterns configure calling party transform mask 0912341000. Access to these route-patterns should have only phone for which you require translation;

What type of phones are you using? External Phone number mask is best solution. I know about this number in the upper right corner, but you can configue line text label with correct number (especialy for 7912 phones)...

Regards

Wojtek

Thanks for your advise, I will try the second method!

I am using 7940 phones, and I see no other solution than configuring the translation via a route pattern, `cause of needing the correct number to be displayed on the phone!

Thanks again!

Greetz; Flo

In my opinion the first one is more flexible, and it takes less time to do it. If you finish give me/us a feedback.

Regards

Wojtek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: