Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Change the message Cisco Unity Messaging

Is there a way to change the WAV file Cisco Unity Messaging in the event of an error ?

Through the bulk edit utility, in the greetings tab I changed the Internal and Error tabs to goto the Operator, is this a good workaround ?

I'm not sure what triggers the Cisco Unity Messaging message, Is this an internal message or error in the greetings tab.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Change the message Cisco Unity Messaging

I'm not really sure what you're talking about here... can you detail the _Exact_ message you're hearing and when you hear it?

Also, the internal greeting doesn't have anything to do with this - the internal greeting is played to callers that are subscribers (i.e. as opposed to folks from outside the company) - not at all related to what you're describing. The error greeting is played when you enter an invalid option or invalid extension during a greeting - it says 'I'm sorry, I didn't hear that selection" and then sends you to the opening greeting by default. Again, not at all related to what you're describing here.

Before using BulkEdit to change these things, we should probably figure out what you are seeing and what you want to happen before you damage your system or something...

Jeff,

I got some more information. It seems when people from outside the company push the sign in button (*),it says "Hello Cisco Unity Messaging" The Customer was asking If this can be changed to say their company name ( Voice Mail System). Is this a WAV file that can be changed ?

Thanks

Greg

That goes back to the Opening Greeting Call Handler. You can either change this to go to a different call handler or change the standard greeting for the opening greeting call handler.

Let us know if this does it, or if you have additional questions.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content