cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change to $ match on destination pattern in dial peers

steveh
Level 1
Level 1

How do I go about requesting a change to the way the $ character operates in dial-peers?

At present, it's only useful to people not running overlap receiving/sending, if you do run overlap (e.g. T1 or PRI with overlap) it's of no use.

I'd like it changed such that destination patterns with the $ are only candidates for matches when a call can be placed (i.e. when the interdigit timer has fired in the case of overlap). This would not affect the people currently using this as they get the whole number in one hit, but would solve issues when trying to intercept a trunk between the PBX and the outside world.

Here's the issue for those who have never done it, consider the customer has internal extensions in the range 4000-4999, you'd match this with 4... the problem is, this also matches outbound calls, so you end up with more dial peers for 4...0 4...1 etc.

With two trunks and two call managers, you end up with 22 dial-peers for each distinct pattern you need. With the change, you'd need 2

Steve

2 Replies 2

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

i'm not quite sure what your after, but i am presuming you have a pbx and call manager linked together and are using the 4xxx ext between both. we have a similar set up at one of our sites, the only way to get around having lots of dial-peers, we found, was to have the ip phones on a set range ie 41xx and pbx exts on 42xx ,this would reduce the amount of dial-peers needed (i know its not allways possible) if this is not your problem sorry,

any help i can give, i'll try

dave

We've worked around it (our problem is that the customer is moving discrete extensions for testing purposes and needs to keep the numbers).

It was more a frustration with the way the matching was working, consider the same issue if a customer changed a line from non overlap to overlap, they'd suddenly find their dial plan broken.